In the 17th century, Roman Catholics were forced to celebrate their "banned" services in adjoining inconspicuous houses called "Moyses" and "Aäron", which later became the site for the present neo-classic Moses and Aäron Church. The front has two towers and four Ionic pillars. Waterlooplein, a square named after the 1815 Battle of Waterloo, was created by filling in two canals in 1882; its famous flea market lies between the church and the "Stopera" city hall and opera theatre, built in 1988

Waterlooplein
Artist: Jan den Hengst (1904 - 1983)
Town: Amsterdam - Moses & Aäron Church/Waterlooplein
Technique: watercolour
Size: 35 x 52 cm
Price: € 1,475.-
0938a

Mozes en Aäronkerk
Artist: Clement van Vlaardingen (1916 - 1972)
Town: Amsterdam - Moses & Aäron Church/Waterlooplein
Technique: watercolour
Size: 40 x 30 cm
Price: € 1,250.-
1092